Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It Is What It Is.

Ever since my last post, more than a month ago, I've had some crazy ups and downs. I took one long ride on the life roller coaster. I had some real real lows that actually caused me to have some of the worst stomachaches in my life. And to get even more graphic for one entire week it was straight up diarrhea. I'm not saying this to gross anyone out, but just to show the severity of the stress and pain I felt. I haven't been that stressed or upset in about 8 years or so. School started and my mind was going in between these thoughts of school and the stuff that caused that stress. I slowly started to get back into school mode and started to find happiness in planning Asian American Awareness month and seeing all my buddies at school. In a weird way, that hurdle I had to jump and climb over made me appreciate all the good things in my life and gave me a new lease on life. What I can honestly say, is my stress level and worry level have dropped a lot. I guess you could say I've somewhat adopted a "west coast chill mindset". I'm learning to just stay organized and just to stay on my shit and to just go with the flow. The phrase I use over and over is "It is what it is." To elaborate more on this, it's just that I can't control things that are out of my hands. I can't stress about an upcoming test or other things, I just need to deal with the issue and work through it and do the best I can. I'm getting back into my spoken word and singing and all that stuff and it's feeling really good. Of course, that center of stress is just in my head. I don't look at it as stress or as something bad, it's something that was real good. Anyway, I have a new lease on life. I'm determined to do so many things this year and I'm going to reach the top. I just gotta ride the roller coaster and see my life through.

No comments: